Saturday, January 22, 2011

MAO: A short film

《吉安故事》第一辑影片之六《Mao》“Mao”, the 6th of the First Series of Ji’an Stories


Title/主题: “Mao”
Director/导演: Efan Wu (吴一凡)
Cast/演员: LIU Ran/刘然, ZHOU Yuting/周雨亭, YAO Sheng/姚胜
Genre/类别: Experimental, Narrative/试验,剧情
Dialogue/对白: none/无
Format/格式: HDV PAL (Canon Vixia HFM30 Camcorder)
Edited with/编辑: Final Cut Pro 7
Duration/时长: 14 minutes/14 分钟
tinyurl.com/efanmaowatch


《Mao》剧照 production still
This is a film about being an outsider in Ji’an. Shot entirely from the point of view of a cat and without any dialogue, it tells the story of a kitten who wanders the streets until it is found by two friends. When girls bring the cat home with them, the cat finally finds a place where it belongs. The story is based on my own experience adopting my cat, Mischka, in Ji’an, and includes my own imagining of her life before my friend and I found her crouched, frightened and hungry, in a corner near a busy pedestrian avenue.
这一部短片是有关于在吉安做一个局外人。片子完全是从一只猫的角度来拍的,没有对白,讲一只小流浪猫被两个朋友领养的故事。当那两个女孩把猫带回家时,猫才终于感到归属感。故事反映我自己在吉安领养我的小猫Mischka的经历,包括我自己想像它在街上流浪的情况,直到我和朋友在步行街的一个角落找到这一只饿着肚子,非常的害怕的小猫。
This is my first film in Ji’an, as well as my first film ever. As a Chinese-American in a small town like Ji’an, I look as if I could be a local, born and raised in China. Yet, I am not a local. I was raised in the US, and when I look around me here in China, everything looks fresh, new, and strange. Feral cats in the streets of Ji’an are also not an uncommon sight, but they don’t really belong anywhere either. They, too, look upon the scenes of daily life in Ji’an as a novelty. I wanted to try to capture the world from the unique perspective of one of these cats—not only from the viewpoint a creature which, like me, is somewhat of an outsider in Ji’an, but also from the perspective of a being which sees and experiences the world from the foot-level of humans.
这是我在吉安出的第一个作品,也是我自己拍的第一部片子。我是个美籍华人,所以看起来就像本地的中国人,但其实我从小是在美国长大的。对我来讲,中国的环境和生活情况,一切都对我非常的新鲜,非常的稀奇。在吉安的街上,常常能见到流浪猫,但哪里都不真正的属于它们的家。它们看着身旁的环境都是新奇的。我就是想表示出这种猫的很特殊的世界观点。它不但,像我一样,在集安算是局外人,它也是从我们人的脚底下观察着世界。

No comments:

Post a Comment